Celebrities flock to Nashville for its warm weather, music scene and low key living. Gwyneth Paltrow and her rocker husband, Chris Martin, fell in love with Nashville while she was here filming Country Strong. The couple would meet country music megastars Tim McGraw and Faith Hill for a fun night of tunes at the Station Inn or dinner at the Watermark.
In the two years that I’ve lived here I have seen Travis Tritt, Taylor Swift and Naomi Judd to name a few. Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman are often seen getting coffee or grabbing a snack. The key to spotting a famous person is to be on the lookout, since they are usually in torn jeans, cowboy boots and a baseball cap. Check out these spots for a close encounter but if you see somebody, please be respectful.
- Whole Foods –Famous people have to eat. Both locations (in Franklin and Green Hills) attract the stars.
- Ryman Theater – Jack White of the White Stripes loves the Ryman and can often be seen there, along with other native favorites.
- Hot Yoga – Located near Vanderbilt in the West End, this is one of the hippest places to be in Nashville and industry favorites are flocking to it, along with Vandy students and other locals.
- Cantina Loredo in The Gulch is a magnet for old school singers and up and comers plus their modern take on Mexican is saucy and fresh.
- Predators Hockey Games – Carrie Underwood is married to one of the players and often celebs are in the stands or singing between periods. I saw a great Vince Gill mini concert there during the playoffs.
BONUS: The Green Hills area is a mecca for sightings because of its central location.
Where have you seen a famous person in Nashville?